Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March Already?

I started brisk walking at the park somewhere in January 2012 till now.  I have lost only 5 kg. Humph! Wish it was more.  When you watch 'The Biggest Loser', that seems so chiput (little). But I guess its because they had more time in the day to exercise while I only have 1.5 - 2 hrs to do it and well, I eat whatever and carbs seem to be  on the menu almost daily. However, the new picture my friend took of me at the entrance of Bukit Gasing made me realize that I do look a little slimmer compared to 2 months ago.
I believe I look slimmer. LOL. My daughter said "Perasan".


This was in November 2012

My hands look so puffy & large here


Today, I rested. I had the intention to go to Taman Aman but it rained in the morning so I went home instead and put away the laundry that my kids piled on my bed (my bedroom has become a multi-utility room now and I bunk in with the kids).

DH said that when he do gets back, he doesn't want me to be so overweight.  In December, I injured my right knee and suffered the whole month. I felt lethargic and moved slowly. In January, my first walk was short of an embarrassment to myself. I walked at snail's pace and was horrified that the older 'grandparent' whizzed past by me as I struggled on.  That was definitely not the state  of health and fitness that I wanted be in at 47. Gosh, I felt like I was 57 at that time. I made a mental note that in 2 months time I should be able to start trekking Bukit Gasing.

I agreed to what DH said because we have been apart for 11 years. So being together again meant that I needed to be healthier and fitter too. So next on the list is to increase my stamina.  I don't run, really so maybe downhill slow jogs should be a starting point.

At the same time, I've been doing Carole Maggio's double chin facexercise. My mother gave me a copy of her Facercise book sometime ago when I was 30ish, when double chins were not a concern.  So I didn't really do the exercises often. Even now I don't. Only the for the double chins. The time has come, to dig out that copy of the book and start memorising all the exercises.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facercise.com%2F&h=fAQHHyJgMAQFFfHBvsJSQ9del5bYa161elaE6iDeeo1RUJw

However, I still have large arms. Since walking I try to do a few arm presses. Obviously, I need to do more.

Good luck to me in my quest. This time I must not give in and persevere.

No comments:

Post a Comment