Monday, April 16, 2012

Took A Break from baking cookies This morning

My neighbour asked me to help with her son's wedding. In a Malay wedding, the bride and the groom exchange gifts usually, a suit of clothes, shoes, handbag for the ladies,  prayer attire, a copy of the Quran, watch, and these days the latest Handphone, I-pad, laptop even..perfume etc...mostly personal items that they usually choose themselves to ensure that they don't have to use it even when they don't like it. LOL.

She gave me a ladies prayer gown to do.  Its basically a white hood and a long skirt that comes in a bag.  that looks like this. ( I got this picture off Google Image just to give you an idea how it looks like when worn)


 After much research in Google Image (choose 'menggubah  hantaran' , if you want to see the kind of gifts and how they are prettily decorated to exchange during the wedding.  Here is an example off the net
Its good business over here and people actually make a living decorating the gifts for couples! Anyway, I think it turned out ok. I'm no professional when it comes to such matters.


So this is what I came up with. Hope they like it. I spent late last night and the whole of this morning doing just that.

So what am I going to do with the bag? (cricket noises)


2 comments:

  1. Oh, you did a wonderful job for the arranged flowers♡♡♡
    And you need to decorate the bag with something beautifully, but cricket disturbing you, right.
    Good Luck and thank you for sharing us your culture.
    Love you always, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoy it as much as I enjoy you giving us an insight of life in Japan...

    Thanks, Love
    Hawa

    ReplyDelete