Thursday, March 29, 2012

Missing Daddy's Cooking

My Hubby used to cook a lot while he was here.  He didn't want to eat the maid's cooking and I worked so whenever he had more time at home. he would cook for the family.

His rice ball was always huge and I could only eat half of it. He usually serves it with his peanut sauce chicken.  Rice ball is much like Nasi Himpit only they are shaped like balls.

This week I tried to make the peanut sauce chicken.  Tasted similar.  I sauteed some chopped onions, garlic and tomato sauce (I didn't have tomato puree at hand) then put in some water and added the chicken.  After simmering the chicken, I added a couple spoons of  peanut butter.  Although I hentam only,  I was pretty happy with the results and the kids quite like it. However, they had forgotten that Daddy used to make this for them. It has been 11 years after all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment